Water! Tips to take better care of it, save and understand it

Before giving you some tips on how to take better care of water, it is important that we know its importance. Here are some facts:

  1. The human being only survives 3 days without water. It will seem like a lot to us, but we managed to survive more than 3 WEEKS without food.
  2. 70% of our planet is water, but less than 1% is water suitable for our consumption, the other 99% is salt water, or it is frozen at the poles.
  3. Currently more than 2 billion people do not have access to safe water.
  4. There is a term called WATER FOOTPRINT. It is the amount of water that is needed to produce some products. We share some:

     A common pants = more than 8,000 liters of water
     An apple = more than 70 liters of water
     A cup of coffee = more than 140 liters of water

agua ahorrar usar menos

These data generate some awareness about the importance of water. But what can we do? Here we give you some tips:

  1.      Put a bucket in your shower and collect as much water as you can. You will not believe that this saves a lot but a faucet that closes badly can use up to 30 liters of water
  2.      Use a bottle in your bathroom tank. See how to do it here
  3.      Measure your water footprint, there are many websites that can help you with this
  4.      Pick a shower song from our Shower playlist. They all last less than 4mins!
  5.      Look for products that save water in their production process (we invite you to see the savings of our products in the IMPACT tab in each of the products)

Tell us what other ideas you have on instagram at @ madretierra.co

 



Older Post Newer Post

en