We love Sustainable TIPS! We know that many of us want to be more sustainable from what we do and how we live. However, this does not always translate into tangible actions because, you have to accept it, WE LOVE OUR LIFESTYLE and sustainability is a path ... not a result that happens from one day to the next. This is why every time we find a new TIP to be a little more sustainable we love to share it and this is AMAZING.
STEPS TO CARRY OUT THIS TIP:
This tip has a couple of features that make it special:
1. You only have to do it ONCE ... and that's it!
2. After applying it, you should not do ANYTHING else and you will be being a little more sustainable
3.You can apply it in the bathroom of your home and office without anyone noticing
4. You don't have to spend a dollar
5. Not only will you save water, you will also save money!
NOW, THE TIP:
Have you ever looked inside your toilet tank? Well, we are not going to go into details but in general, if you do, you will find something similar to this drawing:
Every time you flush your bathroom, all the water in the tank goes down the drain and this is what we see happening when we lower the handle. At the end, the vast majority of the water in your tank is gone and through the overload tube it is refilled.
As the water rises, the pump or buoy, which floats on the water, rises to the point that it "activates" the fill valve and the water stops filling the tank. This happens when there is enough water for the buoy to rise to the blocking point. This is how an ordinary toilet works, there are a little more modern ones that may work differently but in theory they are similar.
AND NOW, A MORE ECO-FRENDLY TOILET
What if the tank was always kept a little fuller and less water was needed to fill it?
To achieve this follow these steps:
- Take a plastic recycling bottle along with its cap.
- Fill the bottle with water and cap it tightly.
- Uncover your toilet tank and put the bottle inside.
- Cap your tank again.
- Enjoy a more eco-frendly toilet!
Now the toilet will need less amount of water to fill as the space will be occupied by the water bottle!
* We are not responsible for side effects that this exercise may have